3/15/10

Peer Pressure: Symmetry


Rob Corum




Ian Zinner




Brian Johnson

Write up by: Brandon Lee


This photo pretty much sums up the past four months for me. From October until now, I've been working on all of the Atlanta Feld Motorsports events. This shot was taken of the final Feld Motorsports event in the GA Dome for 2010: the Monster Energy AMA Supercross and FIM World Championship.

I really like this photo because to me, it's not just a photo I picked for symmetry and it's not just a photo of the track in Atlanta before the 55,000 fans arrived. I like this photo because it symbolizes a turning point in my life. Let me elaborate...

Ever since I was given my first dirtbike for Christmas in 1996, I have always been fascinated with action sports, and motocross in specific. But as much as I loved racing motocross, I might have been even more into the industry side. 

I always wanted to race in the Atlanta Supercross, and I might have... had I quit in 2004 to devote more time to wakeboarding. But although I stepped away from the sport, I never lost that attachment, and I never forgot where I wanted to be. 

And now, 13 years later, I'm kind of back to where I began. But instead of watching Jeremy McGrath on the Georgia clay from the 200 level seats, dreaming how crazy it would be to have a part in a spectacle such as Supercross, I'm living it. I'm more excited than ever to see what is in store for my future, and that the obscure plan I've had in my head for the past decade or so is actually starting to shape up. 


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Smith said...

There is nothing better than to be connected with our passions. Many times obstacles of life will cause us to displace these. Never forget the "What and Where" happiness is, b/c among all else, this is what matters. Best of luck with everything Brandon!

3/21/10, 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home